Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grateful


Ok, I probably don’t need to be spending time blogging this week because I have 1000 things to do for school… But I feel the need to stop and be grateful. When I came home tonight, after a long day which was made longer by getting anxious about the rest of the week, I looked around my mess and it struck me how grateful I am to have this life.

I am grateful for:
·         My dog. Best roommate ever.
·         My bike- hours and miles and friends.
·         Blair chiropractic and the light it’s turned on in me.
·         NPR. I love the news, and the political coverage, and Ira Glass, and the stories about things that I didn’t even know that I didn’t know.
·         Ella Fitzgerald.
·         Old running shirts from my grandpa. As far as I’m concerned, they’re the very essence of him.
·         The 100 crushes I have on 100 different people for 100 different reasons and my single, free, anything’s possible reality.
·         Finding new ways to connect (like yoga).
·         The people that love me.
·         Being proved wrong when I doubt that things will work out or that the universe will provide.
I can’t even come up with negatives or sarcastic remarks. They’re there. They’ll pop up tomorrow when I realize I spent last night blogging instead of studying heart murmurs and gallops. But tonight I’ll pause and know that I am so lucky that an exam on the lungs and heart is one of my most immediate concerns.

Although tomorrow I will be freaking out! 
Finding this picture online counts as studying, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment