Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions


I love that the New Year is a chance to decide how you want the upcoming year to go. Kind of like how at the beginning of every new semester you have big plans of not procrastinating this semester. I’m generally more successful with my New Year’s resolutions.

 2011 was the best year of my life. I gained my footing in school and don’t let it stress me out as much now as it used to. I changed my last name back to my maiden name and am feeling more like myself again. I moved into a great apartment where I’m settled and am in love my own little space in this world. And I inherited some fish from my old neighbor- those guys are just fun to watch while lying in bed.


I’m not even going to go into how 2011 was hard and stressful except to say that I’ve been forced to be honest with myself and grow. So it all comes back to being a great year.


I’m resolving now- in this public forum (eek!)- to make 2012 even better. How could it possibly be better, you ask? Well, here’s what I have in mind:


  • Love and respect my body.
  • Enjoy what I’m learning in school.
  • Read more.
  • Write.
  • Make new friends.
  • Vacuum more.
  • Get involved with the Unitarian church in town.
  • Smile at strangers.
  • Teach my dog some fun new tricks.
  • Host dance parties.
  • Floss. 
  • Be grateful.


I’m looking forward to reporting back about how successful I am and about how to make 2013 even better.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. http://boingboing.net/2011/12/19/woody-guthries-new-years-r.html

    Some of Woody Guthrie's 1942 resolutions resonate with your 2012 ones. Here's to a Tremendous Twelve.

    ReplyDelete